As Hurricane Florence approaches Greer, Greer CPW is making preparations in advance. Here is what Greer CPW is currently completing.
- All contractors that work through Greer CPW have been put on notice and asked not to leave our territory until after the storm clears.
- We have approximately 40 electric department personnel (including contractors) that are able to respond to power outages.
- Vehicles are fueled and equipment stocked.
- We have plans to release possibly 4-5 inches of water from Lake Cunningham over a 24-30 hour period. We are communicating with the Startex-Jackson Duncan Water District who will receive our extra water downstream. Right now it is not necessary to release water from Lake Robinson.
- Greer CPW electric customers can report their outage at 864-848-5500 or by logging into their CPW account and hitting “report outage”.
- Customers as well as the media can view real time outages on the Greer CPW website, www.greercpw.com . Look for the yellow “electric outage map” tab.
- Please follow us on social media – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram -@greercpw